Monday, January 13, 2014

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Review



For Christmas, my sister got me some Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer, which I've been trying out over the past week or so.

Product claim: Silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish (Sephora.com).

It also states that over time the product will " fill in fine lines and even out skin texture".

I've used this product several times so far, and I love it! I have combination skin, but with the harsh cold weather, and dry heat from the furnace, my skin has been very dry and flakey in certain areas. Try as I may, I can't get rid of it all! My foundation was making these dry patches even more noticeable, and it was driving me crazy! But now I have a secret weapon...

Thus far, this primer really lives up to the product claim. It creates a silky, even texture on your skin which then allows your foundation to go on much smoother, and dry patches are really minimized. This primer is clear, so it's suitable for all skin tones. I haven't had any issues with breakouts, nor does the primer cause oil buildup on my somewhat oily t-zone, so I believe it will work for all skin types as well.

Now, I can't say just yet whether or not the long term claims are true (inhibiting of collagen destruction, filling lines, evening texture), but as a makeup product, it certainly does its job. I give this product...



Five out of five stars! Yes, I like it that much! Whether you have young, acne-prone skin, mature skin, large pores, black heads, oily skin, dry skin, or a combination of these things, the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer will smooth your skin and enhance the look and endurance of your makeup. If you'd like to try it for yourself, Beauty.com has a travel size for $10! Go here to check it out.

Questions about this product? Comments? Leave me a message!

Coming soon: NYC Color Matching foundation review.

No comments:

Post a Comment