Friday, January 17, 2014

NYC Skin Matching Foundation Review

Hey, guys! Here we are Friday night, and before I get out and about (I may go to a drugstore for some makeup browsing. Party on, right?) I wanted to review a product I recently purchased in a Dollar Tree mini haul. Along with a Milani lip pencil and two Wet N' Wild mascaras, I purchased a new foundation: NYC Skin Matching Foundation. The color I got is 687, Light to Medium.

I've tried this a couple of different ways, with and without face primer, just to really test it out.
The product claims: Breakthrough shade adjusting technology adapts to skin's color and texture, and blends seamlessly for a natural and flawless looking complexion.

I'm sorry to say that this product didn't deliver. Not at all. I hate giving bad reviews, so I always try to look for something positive to say about a product. Even if there's just one redeeming factor. But unfortunately, this product is a complete, total and epic fail. There is not one good quality to this foundation. It didn't adjust to match my skin in color nor texture. It also didn't blend at all, let alone seamlessly. So much for natural and flawless. If you use this, you'll be getting weird and diseased as a finish.

The first thing I noticed about NYC Skin Matching Foundation was that it was extremely thin in consistency. While different than what I'm used to, I didn't make any assumptions, and gave it a go. When I used this product without a primer, it was streaky and blotchy, and patchy... I just don't know how exactly to describe it, other than "bad". Ok, so, I wasn't ready to give up on it yet. I also tried it with a face primer. I used Rimmel Fix and Perfect in 002, my favorite drugstore primer that I've used many times. This time, it didn't even stick. I dotted it onto my face, and then went back to blend using my ELF flat face brush, and it just started coming off in chunks! Thinking it was because of my brush, I switched to my fingertips, and had the same result. It just rolled off in chunks. Ugh! It was scary, quite frankly, and gross. I thought maybe my primer was messed up, so I tried it again with another foundation. Nope, primer was fine. So it was, indeed, the foundation. Had anyone else experienced this before? So weird!

NYC Skin Matching Foundation didn't fulfill any of its claims. In fact, it didn't do a single thing other than make me look terrible and come off in chunks.

So, I give this product...


Yes, it was that bad. Now, maybe I got a bad batch, I don't know. But this was my experience using this product. If you've used this and had a different experience, I'd love to know! Leave me a comment or send a message. Until next time!

Coming soon: Wet N' Wild Mega Protein Mascara review.

No comments:

Post a Comment