Saturday, November 30, 2013

Oldie but Goodie: Cherry Softlips





Just a quick post about what was probably the first lip product I ever used (of my own free will, anyway... My sister used to catch me before school and put lipstick on me), Softlips Cherry lip balm. Softlips is still a known brand, but usually when I come across it, it's the new variety. That means tinted and/or shimmery, and I don't want those qualities in a standard lip balm. Last week, however, I came across their classic Cherry variety at my local Dollar Tree. I had popped in, thanks to a blog post by Nouveau Cheap about spotting some limited edition Wet n Wild eyeshadows. Unfortunately, my DT didn't have them, but I did find several other beauty bargains. While browsing through everything, I saw the Cherry softlips, and had to get one.

When I was 9 or 10, I used to steal this variety from my older sister. Back then, it was called "Cool Cherry," whereas now it's just referred to as "Cherry". I was curious to see if it is as awesome as I remember. I couldn't actually recall the specifics of why I liked it so much, and truthfully, I was worried that maybe it was just because I felt cool using what I thought was a "grown-up" product, and maybe there wasn't anything special about it. My other concern was that Softlips might have changed their formula, and that it would be a disappointment.

I opened the product right away and gave it a try. Whoa! A trip down memory lane! It's exactly how I remember it. Plus it has other qualities that I didn't appreciate back then. Even though it's simply called Cherry now, it's exactly the same as Cool Cherry was years ago. It has a very cherry scent and gives my lips a cooling sensation. It also goes on clear and smooth, and really moisturizes the lips. I've been using it daily, and the condition of my lips has really improved.

My rating is 5 out of 5 stars! This product does everything I want, and then some. Plus it's rare to find a product that has remained good quality, and kept the same formula. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! And guess what I'm putting in my sister's Christmas stocking? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment