Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coconut Oil for Beauty Purposes


Whew, it's been a while! But, in my time away, I have fallen in love... with coconut oil!

Most people have heard of at least one great aspect about coconut oil beauty purposes, but haven't actually tried it in any way. That's the category I was in a couple of weeks ago. I'm always up for trying new products, so I figured, why not? And I'm happy to say that my experience has been a positive one!

My favorite uses for coconut oil are:

- As a hair conditioner
- As a body moisturizer
- As a lip moisturizer
- For cuticle care

Of course, there are tons of other things you can do with coconut oil. Like... use it for cooking! But my focus is on coconut oil for beauty purposes.

Before you attempt using coconut oil in your beauty regime, you need to be sure you have a quality product. I use Nature's Way EfaGold pure extra virgin, organic coconut oil. A quality coconut oil will be virgin (unprocessed) and organic. It will be solid, until warmed, at which time, it will liquefy. It will solidify again if the temp drops to a certain level.

Here are the simplest applications for coconut oil as a beauty product:

For hair: warm oil and apply oil to dry hair, wrap in a towel, leave for at least an hour. Shampoo as usual.

For skin: warm oil and rub small amounts onto skin, focusing on dry areas (hands, knees, elbows).

For lips: apply a small amount to lips and allow to absorb.

Super easy, right?

There are more techniques for using coconut oil for hair and skin, which I'm still experimenting with, and will write about when I've had more time to try them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment