Friday, March 22, 2013

ELF Translucent Mattifying Powder

It's been a while since I've done a review, and while this isn't a come-back special, it is a rave, because I love this product. It occurred to me as I was trying yet another new product, which happened to be a powder. Now, I've been in love with the ELF translucent matifying powder for a couple years now, but I thought I'd try something new. So I picked up Revlon's Photoready powder (review to come), because I love their Photoready line of foundation. While I like their powder well enough, I found myself going back to ELF translucent matifying powder, which made me want to write a review. So here goes!

Product claim: Achieve even, flawless skin that's smoother, redefined and shine free. This translucent powder works on a wide variety of skin tones to help set your makeup in so it lasts longer. The silky lightweight formula also miraculously mattes skin to diminish oil and shine for a beautiful and healthy look!

Of course, a product claim makes everything sound like a dream come true, but this really is a great buy, not only for the price, but for the performance. I have combo skin, so I need a powder than helps to matify my  t-zone. This product does so, without looking cakey, and without adding any additional color. Hooray for translucent powders! It does set my foundation as well, and help prep my eyes for a primer, followed by a shadow. What I really, really, really, love about this powder is that it doesn't draw attention to any dry areas I may have. As mentioned, I have combination skin, and I will sometimes have dry areas. Every other powder I've tried, including my beloved Photoready, seems to worsen any dry-skin problems, whereas the ELF matifying powder goes nicely over them. This is really what makes the product for me. It goes without saying, I give this product 5 out of 5 stars. I have gone through so many of these, and will continue to repurchase. I carry one in my makeup clutch in my purse, and keep a couple at home (gotta have a spare!).

While this is a great powder, sometimes your method of application can either make or break the appearance of a product. There is a key to applying powder products, which I am about to write about in another post, so be sure to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment