Monday, January 7, 2013

Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner Review: The Verdict

Ok, guys. Sorry it has been so long since my last post, but things get busy, I get distracted, etc. Plus, I really wanted to give the Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner a real go, by itself, to see how it compares to other lip products. Check out the first impression review here to see more details about the product.

To recap the important info, the Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner is supposed to be "like lotion" for your lips. It absorbs quickly (as it is supposed to), like a good moisturizer. It is not supposed to stay on your lips like a balm, but rather, absorb and work to keep your lips moisturized from the inside out.

After some prolonged use, I give this product 3 out of 5 stars. It does, indeed, absorb quickly. It smells awesome and provides a cooling sensation to the lips. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do much to repair damaged lips. I purposely discontinued all other lip products, as well as lip exfoliation, just to see what this product can really do. My lips were a little dry, because I hadn't been exfoliating like I should have been prior to this little experiment. I applied Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner 2-3 times a day. It just seemed to maintain the condition of my lips, rather than repair them. So it prevented further drying or chapping, but didn't seem to do anything to the tiny bit of roughness on my lips. Perhaps it would have improved my lips if I had increase my application, but I feel like 2-3 times should be sufficient.

Why 3 stars? Well, despite not repairing any flaws on my lips, it did maintain the condition. Had my lips been top notch prior to this trial, as they typically are, then I really think this product would have maintained that condition. I really like that it doesn't stay on the lips for a long period of time, because even though I enjoy the feeling of most balms and other lip products, I like to have other options. The fact that this product does act more like a lotion is unique, and I give Carmex props for that. And again, most guys don't like the feeling of lip products to use on themselves or when kissing a girl. So this is a perfect option for guys that need a little something for their lips, or for girls who are with a guy that doesn't like their lip product transferring or doesn't like the taste when kissing. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment