Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner: First Impression, Review


Happy New Year, everyone! I'm starting a new workout routine this week (just started today), plus be writing for some new clients soon, but I will do my best to keep posting reviews and other content, as well as finish the other sections of LK. Right now, I have a first impression review for you :-) The first impression review is exactly how it sounds: My first impression of a product. After further evaluation, I then follow up with a star rating and full review.

As many of you may know, Carmex, the maker of the popular lip balm, has come out with tons of new products, including new lip products, and a lotion line. I received several of these in my Christmas stocking, thanks to my big sis. :-) One of the products is the Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner. As far as I'm aware, this product only comes in the flavor/scent of Orange (or citrus, as they call it), so that's what I have.





Here's the product claim:

Creamy, Fast Absorbing, Non-Greasy
New Carmex everyday lip conditioner is like lotion for lips. This uniquely creamy, light formula with a natural orange flavor is unlike anything you've tried from Carmex before. Its 13 moisturizing ingredients absorb quickly leaving no greasy or sticky feel - silky smooth lips will tell you it's working! Use alone, or as a moisture boost under lipstick.

Now, when I first started using Carmex Everyday Lip Conditioner, I fell in love with the scent. To me, it smells like oranges and cream. Love it! But I noticed it didn't stay on my lips long at all, which confused me, as most lip conditioning products do stay on, as a balm. So I did a little research and found the product claim. Then, BAM! Everything made sense. I saw reviews on other sites about this product and they were kinda negative, but it's because no one seems to get that it isn't supposed to stay on like a balm. Like they say, it's supposed to absorb like a lotion.

So, with that said... don't listen to the negativity. This is a product that is supposed to improve the condition of your lips over repeated use and time. It does absorb quickly and leave my lips feeling a little smoother, but because I haven't used it long enough, I feel I can't comment on how good it works long-term. My first impression of it is that it will improve lips over a period of time, but perhaps not as well as other products I own. The up side is that it could be great for use under lipstick or gloss, or for when you don't want something left on your lips, but what some moisturizing. Especially good for kissing, because most guys don't like the feel or taste of balms or glosses, etc, when smooching their girl. I'll be using this product alone for a couple days so I can give it a star rating and write an in-depth review. So check back soon :-) Also watch for my upcoming review on Carmex Everyday Lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment