Thursday, January 9, 2014

My 5 Minute Makeup Routine!

There are days when we run behind, and days when we just want a simple, natural look. Whatever your reason, everyone needs a quick makeup routine; one that gives a put-together appearance with minimal time required. This is my fast (5 minutes!) routine on days that I want to sleep in, actually eat breakfast, or just want something simple.

Always wash and moisturize your face in the morning! Important for a fresh face. I also splash some cold water on my face after washing, it helps to wake me up, and it's quite refreshing!

After I wash and apply moisturizer, I apply a BB cream. Mine is Holika Holika Skin Clearing BB. I either just blend with my finger tips or use my flat-top foundation face brush (mine is ELF), making sure to get under and around my eyes. Use a concealer if necessary. I set this with Rimmel's stay Matte powder (I use translucent).

Next, I want to give my complexion some extra dimension, so I do a little contouring. Using a fluffy complexion brush (Eco Tools and ELF are what I use), I sweep on a bronzer to contour my cheek bones (I usually go for my NARS in "laguna"), then run a little along my jaw to the point of my chin. Then I brush some along the hair line, from the temple on each side. I follow with blush on the apples of my cheeks, and a highlight on the top of my cheek bones. Remember to blend!

The eyes are next; I put on the ELF essential eye primer, just to keep my eyelids matte during the day. If you don't get oily, then skip it.Then I brighten my inner corner with a white or silver shimmery liner, like the NYX jumbo eye pencil in "latte". Finish up the eyes with a coat of mascara.

Last step! Apply a lip balm, and top with a gloss. I prefer one with a little color to liven up my face.

There you have it! This is the routine I use when I'm in a hurry or keeping it super casual. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment