Sunday, December 23, 2012

Lip Product of the Month: Baby Lips (in Pink Punch)






When determining which product I select for my monthly top pick, I have a process of doing so. I ask myself what lip product I have found myself reaching for all month. Sometimes, it's the same one for a long period of time. If that's the case, then I figure out which one comes in second or third and determine if I've used it enough and like it enough to make it my product of the month. What have I found myself reaching for a lot this month? I have actually found myself rediscovering my love for Baby Lips in Pink Punch. I have other varieties of this product, but the Punch is my favorite. I have been exfoliating my lips per usual, then put on a thick coat of this balm. I usually do this twice a day, once before bed and once after breakfast. It gives my lips a nice pink tint, smells awesome, and makes my lips soft and smooth. I talked about this product last year, but was less familiar with it. My current rating? 4 out of 5 stars.

I covered the claim in my post last year, which was that the product makes your lips 80-something percent softer with 3 weeks of use. I am working to confirm this, but I don't use it every day for a solid 3 weeks. Still, I think the claim is somewhat accurate. With about one week of daily use, my lips are pretty smooth and in better condition, but I've also been making sure I take time to exfoliate. Still, the feel and smell of the product is awesome, and it does moisturize while wearing and for some time after it wears off. Fortunately, it stays put for a good stretch of time, which I love. The one con I have to mention is that some of the original baby lips are tinted (like this one) and others are not. They have a limited edition of tinted banks that are now out, but the original line had a couple tinted ones as well. Now, I like the tint of pink this one gives my lips, but I was unaware that any of the originals were/are tinted. I don't really like that the package doesn't indicate which ones are tinted, and that costed them a star from me.

If you like Baby Lips, look for my upcoming article on their new limited edition variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment