Wednesday, December 26, 2012

All Natural Hair Lightening


Ok, so, many of you have heard about using lemon juice and sunlight to lighten your hair, right? It is, indeed, all natural and probably better for you than bleaching products (although the reason lemon juice works is because it contains low levels of hydrogen peroxide), but the acidity can still damage your hair. Well, I've been reading a lot about other ways to lighten hair without damage, and one that keeps popping up is a method using cinnamon.

My hair was a beautiful, golden blond when I was younger. Then it got a bit darker, but still was considered blond by most people's standards. Eventually, About it got really dark,  and was a dark brown. Then it reversed and got lighter until it was blond again. About 2 years or so ago, it started getting darker again, and now I'm more of a medium brunette. And I don't like it. Why did it get darker? Well, I don't know. It also became really wavy/curly. It had been very curly when I was a kid, but had since straightened out, and now it's pretty curly again. I talked to my stylist about this, and she said that your hair can change, and goes through radical changes every 8 years or so. I don't know if that's true. What I do know is that I want my hair back to blonde. But I honestly don't want to bleach it. So what's a girl to do?

After researching it a bit, and reading about other methods, I decided I'll give the cinnamon method a try and see what happens, and of course, I'll be posting about the process and results here, plus before and after pics. I have a little more research to do to find the best application method before giving it a go. After I decide on the method, Wish I'll post it here, and then get to it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment