Monday, November 19, 2012

ELF Review: Baked Blush (in Peachy Cheeky)





ELF has been adding new products on a regular basis for a while now, and their new baked line is one of their fairly recent additions.

After reading some of the reviews about the baked blushes on the ELF website, I was a little skeptical and hesitent. But I was placing an order already, so I picked Peachy Cheeky to try out.

Before I dive into my personal opinion, let's address the main complaint about this product: pigmentation. Many of the initial reviews, especially on the color "Peachy Cheeky", said that there was not enough color to be a blush, so they had to resort to using it as a hi-lite. True or False? I find it to be false. I rather like this product, and I give it 4 out of 5 stars. Here are the details:


There are a few different colors to choose from; Peachy Cheeky is clearly for people with fair skin tones. While it's true that it's not super pigmented, I think it works to my advantage that way. That's because it's very buildable in color. Use a little, and you've got a great hi-lite. A couple sweeps can be a very natural eyeshadow and brighten your eyes. And a little more can be used to build up a nice, rosy-pink cheek. This product also has hints of gold, which are beautiful! It really gives your complexion some dimension. I have been using this product as a daily part of my routine, that's how much I like it.

Bottom line: If you are fair-skinned, this product, used correctly, will rock your socks. If you're a little bit darker than fair, it'll make an awesome hi-lite, especially for your eyes. And don't forget that there are other colors to choose from that may better suit you.

Like ELF? Like blush products? Look for my upcoming review on the new ELF HD liquid blush! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment